A new customer contacted me from my website josephkellner.com
She asked me could she make an appointment and she did. Her hair color was 70% grey and on a level 5-6 on the warm side. The rest of her hair from mid-shaft to ends was a dirty blonde and very, very dry. Her hair was naturally wavy and with medium thickness. She asked me to cancel out the red base she got from using a product recommended for her hair to lift and tone to a level 6 cool. I believe that when a person goes into a store such as Sally’s you don’t get a professional answer. For one thing the clerks are paid horribly and usually they are a beauty school drop out. So having said that I told her I could do the job. for her and this would be a corrective hair color service. $$$$ Here we go.
Simply starting with just a simple foil highlight to help reduce the red copper on her roots, and also touching the past foil highlight she had done. I used also a low light indiscriminately all over which was a level 7 neutral. Finishing the foil light I proceeded to place a level 7-8 blue-green on the roots and the new growth of the hair. Mind you she was a home hair-color job, where she got the color and advice from a sally’s employee. I processed the hair for 35 minutes.
We proceeded to cut the hair a good amount, and then we did our blow out. I recommended the Shea Moisture Shampoo to her for her hair type and condition.
DRY, DAMAGED OR TRANSITIONING HAIR
Our Sulfate-Free shampoo helps to give moisture to dry damaged or over-processed hair. Perfect for transitioning chemically treated hair to natural. So the customer was happy and make sure if you go to Sally’s don’t ask a clerk about hair color. Go to a professional Hairdresser!
I got a phone call this week from someone interested if she could make an appointment with me for corrective hair coloring. The customer said she has been everywhere and no one can get her hair color right. She complained about the stylist would not rinse out all of the hair color, it turned red, and to my surprise she paid for it. Strange. Can you fix it she asked me. I said I cannot see what your hair is like over the phone, but please if you like make an appointment. OK she says I will call back. STRANGE.
- Hair color is not permanent it is artificial, tone lasts 4-6 weeks and then it fades.
- Don’t pay for a hair color service if you are not happy.
- Always make sure you and your stylist/Colorist are on the same page, Consultation!
- Well water will fade out artificial hair coloring faster than when you have regular running water.
- Never use protein on Blonde hair, it will dry it out!
- Coconut oil and Almond oil is the best treatment for degraded hair.
- When you change your hair color, change your makeup.
- Change your hair color every season, and if you have blonde hair change the tones of it as well.
- Experiment, Experiment with hair colors. Don’t look like your next door neighbor or soccer MOM.
- If you have dark brown hair and you are greying, use some mascara to touch up around the hair-line for important functions.
- With pale skin always keep lighter shade of color around the face.
- Toning shampoo’s don’t work the product goes down the drain.
- Conditioners with slight hair color stains work, be careful if you have blonde hair.
- Use an aerosol hair spray before flat-ironing or curling your hair.
- If your hair is fine, dirty it up with some hair spray before curing and using hot rollers. The curl will take better to dirty hair.
- Gloss treatments are the best way to get incredible shine and boos.
- Don’t over use conditioner. Conditioner is a cleaning agent just like shampoo. Too much will weigh the hair down.
- Make sure you are ready for a color or style change. Never do it on the fly you will regret it!
- Find the right color and style for your self, never go with trends.
- Don’t ask for a change and only let the hairdresser take off a centimeter.
- Clean your makeup brush’s every week.
- Use a toner if you have oily skin before applying your foundation.
- Learn to style your hair differently.
- Pick up a brush and try styling your hair, then put some makeup on PLEASE!
- Tip your hairdresser generously especially during the holidays, never ever leave without TIPPING!
You must be logged in to post a comment.