Whether it is your boring natural hair color or gray hair you want to get rid of or whether you just want to change your look to keep up with the latest trends, hair coloring, highlighting is the best option for you. What’s more, hair color and hair highlight enhance and unveil your natural facial features and assets. Highlighting hair is now a common trend and there are various kinds of hair highlights done to compliment the different seasons and fashion trends and also ones that compliment different haircut styles and complexions. You can achieve a trendy, funky or even a younger look with different hair coloring ideas and hair highlighting ideas. Here are some interesting hair coloring and highlighting ideas.
Hair Coloring Ideas
Hair coloring is the quickest and easiest way to obtain a whole new look. With the variety of hair colors that are now available, finding one that can give you the desired look would not be difficult. And of course, you could do with some hair coloring advice from your hairstylist who could suggest the right color for you. If you are experimenting for the first time, use a temporary hair color and if you are absolutely sure about the color, go for permanent hair colors that last for a considerably long time. You can also choose the way you want to color your hair from these hair coloring ideas.
- You can color your hair with two different colors, that are contrasting or are shades of the same color. Color the upper half with one shade and the lower half with the other. This can be done with those having long hairstyles.
- Consider coloring your hair in any shade of gold or go in for a blonde look in the summers, to compliment the season. You can also try frosted colors, that add a touch of glamor to your hairstyle.
- For those who are really keen on experimenting with colors, try getting your hair colored in funky and unnatural colors like blue, green, purple or pink. Do it only if your sure you that you can carry it off well.
- If you are looking for a dramatic change in your look, choose a hair color that is exactly the opposite of your natural hair color.
- Those looking to achieve a bold look, red is the color you should go for. A single shade of red or even a two toned color can give you the desired look.
- Coloring only bangs or hair tips is another way of obtaining a trendy look. Choose a combination of colors like red and gold, red and green, gold and purple or blue and gray.
- To cover gray hair, choose colors like brown or burgundy or even black.
- Those with blonde hair color can choose darker shades, but if you choose black, you may not be able to get back the blonde hair color.
Hair Highlighting Ideas
Since it was first introduced, hair highlighting has never been out of fashion. The only changes made were in the colors used, varying from subtle colors like brown, gold and blonde to loud colors like green, red, pink, orange and purple. From teenagers to the middle-aged, highlights suit everyone, provided the right color and technique is used. You can use these hair highlighting ideas, if you consider getting hair highlights in the near future.
- The latest trend in hair highlighting is ‘Face Framing’ wherein highlights are placed around the face. This style of hair highlights emphasizes on the features of the eyes and face.
- Those with blonde hair color, can opt for hair highlights in colors like pink, mulberry or neon orange.
- Those with darker hair can go for honey-toned blonde, platinum blonde or gold highlights.
- Use a combination of contrasting unnatural colors to highlight hair with shocking, bold streaks.
- Pink highlights or having only your ponytail highlighted with different colors is ideal for those looking for a funky highlighted look.
- You can also have both, highlights as well as low lights of two different colors or shades of the same color.
- To cover gray hair, consider getting hair highlights of shades, that are close to your natural hair color.
Hair coloring, highlighting should complement your personality and skin tone well, for it to enhance your looks. Hair care and maintenance is extremely essential after getting your hair colored or highlighted. For this, you should use hair care products that are specially formulated for colored hair. So go ahead, get your hair colored or highlighted and flaunt your new look!