While having dandruff certainly is embarrassing, the good news is that this issue is completely harmless. Even better news, no drugs or pharmaceutical solutions are required to get rid of dandruff – there are numerous natural home remedies for dandruff that can be utilized within your own home.
Dandruff is characterized by small white flakes falling from the scalp. While a small amount is normal, as dead skin cells flake off your scalp, many people experience an unusually large amount of flaking, often leading their shoulders to be covered in what resembles tiny white snowflakes. The flaking is often accompanied by an itchy scalp, redness, and irritation. Numerous reasons have been suggested for the cause of dandruff; blame has been put on dry skin, oily skin, diet, hygiene, over-washing or under-washing your hair, and stress.
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar – apple cider vinegar is great for killing the fungus that causes the dandruff. To experiences ACVs amazing beneficial properties, simply dilute the liquid with water at equal parts and use the mixture as a shampoo. People report this treatment to provide instant relief from itchiness, while getting rid of dandruff with just a few applications over the course of a few days.www.haircolorinorlando.com
- 2. A Quality Probiotic – As you expect, internal treatments are another great solution for dandruff. Specifically, a probiotic strain of bacillus laterosporus should be enough to not only take care of dandruff, but help to boost overall health by replenishing the beneficial bacteria within your gut. Gut flora is extremely important for optimal health. There are many probiotic supplements on the market, but here is just one option and recommendation to begin your search.
- 3. Oregano Oil or Tea Tree Oil – Both oregano oil and tea tree oil possess natural antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that can reduce inflammation and treat infections. Try taking oregano oil internally, or applying oregano oil and tea tree oil on the scalp.
- 4. Coconut Oil – Adding on to the home remedies for dandruff, coconut oil is another amazing anti-fungal food that is capable of killing fungus and eliminating dandruff. Just a few teaspoons applied to the hair and scalp should be enough to rid you of dandruff and provide a nice shine to your hair. Melt some coconut oil and include 5-9 drops of pure tea tree oil for every 5 tablespoons of coconut oil. This could work in as little as two applications. Ingesting coconut oil daily can also help.
- 5. Natural Anti-Fungal Product – Since dandruff is often caused by a fungal infection, it only makes sense to consider taking an anti-fungal product. There are numerous options on the market, but again one product that I can recommend here is called Mycozil. Made from organic herbs, this product, as expected, it designed to rid the body of various fungi, including candida.
- 6. Lemons – Massage 2 tablespoons lemon juice into your scalp and rinse with water. Afterwards, mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with 1 cup of water and rinse. Repeat daily.
- 7. Evergreen Cedar Tree – Using oils with antiseptic, anti-seborrheic and mild astringent properties could prove useful for dandruff. Here is one specific option: Blend 6 drops cedarwood, 6 drops rosemary essential oil and 4 drops cypress oil with 50 milliliters of olive oil. Massage into the scalp, let it soak overnight, and shampoo well the next day.
- 8. Medicated Shampoos – If nothing else seems to work and you just want the dandruff gone, try using one of two shampoos: Selsun Blue or Head & Shoulders. Selsun Blue contains a form of selenium sulfide while Head & Shoulders contains zinc – both ingredients target fungus. This solution won’t be the first choice for someone trying to tackle the problem naturally, so instead of using the shampoos repeatedly for years, just try applying it and leaving it on overnight while wearing a shower cap as a safer alternative.
- 9. Baking Soda – When you normally shower, try wetting your hair and rubbing a handful of baking soda into your scalp instead of using shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and dry. This may take a few weeks and you may experience dryness at first, so other home remedies for dandruff may be better options.
Other Tips for Getting Rid of Dandruff:
- Start buying organic/natural personal care products that don’t contain parabens, sodium laureth or lauryl sulfate.
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Increase animal-based omega-3 fat intake.
- Avoid processed foods and eliminate processed oils like corn, soy, canola, safflower, and sunflower oil.
Most importantly, don’t forget to share which home remedies for dandruff work and don’t work for you. You don’t need a pharmacy to get rid of dandruff – go natural.